Friday, August 7, 2009

dome screws, details, dome primer

So I showed you yesterday all the pics of the dome details freshly JB Welded in place. Got home today and unbolted everything, then sanded down the globs. I only sanded one too much, and luckily it's one of the PSI lenses, so I can tighten it using a screwdriver, and it doesn't have to hold still by itself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Naturally I didn't take any pics of the outside, with the sanded down spots. Maybe after removing the paper that I put on here:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Notice the good deal I got on primer :) Only probem with that is it's more difficult to shake before use, the mixing ball wouldn't move for like, 5 minutes.

I also started mounting some of the detail pieces to the skins. I didn't know Marco's coin slots were the deep ones, so they didn't fit right away. Had to engineer some spacer from, yet again, more scrap A&A frame. That stuff is good for all kinds of stuff :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also mounted the front and back pocket vents. Had to bend those tabs out, like I figured I would.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The front one will be better fit when the skins are on.

Also glued in the front coin return. Don't have pics from the front, but here's one from the back:

Photobucket

I took more pics than what I posted, always do. I just picked the best ones.

If it's not raining tomorrow, I should be able to actually paint blue again!

No comments: