Thursday, July 2, 2009

Out of town update

Been out of town in Anaheim all week, shame there wasn't any R2LA stuff to do...

Anyway, figured since I'm once again sitting in the LAX Hampton waiting for tomorrow morning to arrive, this would be a good time for an update.

Start with a couple of pics of the utility arm I've cleaned off so far:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a couple of pics of the side ankle details attached with the silicone, and taped in place:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also worked on the center ankle some more, mounting the ankle cylinders:

Photobucket


You'll also notice the flat spot on the back side of the ankle curves. Basically once everything was put together it only leaned back to 8 degress instead of the 18 degrees needed. I originally had started cutting a curve, but by the time the knife got to the center of the ankle it was a straight line, so I took the coping saw to it and cleaned it up on both sides. It'll be hidden, as you'll see coming up shortly:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Incidentally, the blue line you see on my speed square is permanently set at 18 degrees.

Right now I've got to get ready to go out to dinner, maybe another BIG update after eating :)

No comments: