Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sanding, and sanding and...dare I say? More sanding...

Well, You've seen the dome sanding pics, and the newest ones aren't much different. The bright side is, I started wet sanding in the hall bathroom shower, and kind of learned what needed to be sanded next.

I'm still using 500grit, just because anything higher only makes the dome look worse. Bright side is, now I'm at least starting to see the beginnings of a uniform finish.

That's the point of this all, a uniform finish, not a high mirror gloss...although I might end up with that before I'm satisfied...

anyway, here's pics from 3 days ago:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And pics from yesterday:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket.

and pics from tonight:

Photobucket

Photobucket

There's going to have to come a time really soon where I just have to accept that it's as smooth as it's going to ever be, and live with it. I really do need to be moving past this stage, but can't seem to help myself. Once the spin lines disappeared, I guess this has been my goal, albeit subconsciously...

Photobucket

I really dont' want my dome that shiny, because every little thing will leave a mark. I'm half considering painting the damn thing to get a smooth finish right now....

I guess technically there aren't any spin lines left ,but you can see the spin grooves that are still there. And with a light touch you can feel them as well.

No comments: