Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fast update

No pics, typing quickly, gotta sleep :)

So I bought a "Mother's Polish Ball", the one for ALU, and it works wonders, but you gotta wash the dome after you wipe it down. Another 2 or 3 uses and all will be well.

I've also painted everything that's silver, and it is. Silver.

Artoo is sitting on the stand now, sans feet and legs, and I had to re-inforce the center ankle, the 1/2" screws just weren't doing it, and it's a wonder it didn't fall out.

I've also wired in a pair of switches, one for each battery, drive and what I call "vox", but is actually going to be voice and dome lights. Made a box for the single "vox" battery too, and mounted it in front of the center ankle.

Spent a little time making tags for the wires, so hopefully there will be no confusion when plug in time comes.

I have pics of most of this stuff, just not time to post them now. Maybe soon...

I'm thinking the skins might be off tomorrow...

oh, and now 1, 2, 3, and 10 from the list way down the page are done.

No comments: