Thursday, July 2, 2009

Out of town update part deiux

Ok, had to settle for Denny's for dinner. Wasn't really great, wasn't terrible, but that's not what you're hear to read about, now is it?

Anyway, last Friday a friend of mine from across the state called me to ask if Artoo was alive yet. I replied "Not yet, waiting on detail pieces from Europe and Australia".

Then, while trying to take a nap I thought "Why ISN'T Artoo alive yet?".
So I got up off the couch and got to work:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wiring the legs up was the last remaining piece of work for the drive system, and took all of 20 minutes.

Just about the time I finished that part up, my buddy Goose arrived just in time to help me bolt on the legs. Shortly after that the feet were mounted as well, and at that point I remembered to grab the camera:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And let's not forget the battery boxes, had to to throw those on:

Photobucket

Naturally, the next step was to wheel him into the living room and have a drive test, which went rather well. Eventually a couple of bolts fell out, since apparently I never cranked down all the things in the foot channel, and he started throwing the right foot chain. Saturday I pulled the feet off and tightened everything down, but still haven't quite got the right foot wheel lined up exactly right, since it keeps throwing the chain.

Soon as I figure out where I wanna upload my vids to, I'll post 'em here.

No comments: