Friday, May 22, 2009

Feet and details

So, I spent week before last out of town, was home last week, and spent the beginning of this week out of town as well, so progress has been a little slow.

I did however manage to remount the U-channels on top of the motor mount so that the doors on the footshells would close.

they looked about like this before:

Photobucket

After:
Photobucket

Today I spent about an hour and a half making the Waterset CVWL (Center Vents With Louvers)
I used CA glue to spot stick some of the pieces in place until I knew what would show and what wouldn't, then got them all together.

I only had to file the bottom vents to get them to fit. That took longer than actually building all the rest of the stuff.

The top vents fit like a glove and required no shaping or filing. I built all of the top vents except for the very top one, which I glued in place after the rest of the assembly was in the surround, because there were no tabs to center it up without. Here's pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Both sets can be removed from the surround should the need every arise, but it won't exactly be easy. They fit VERY snugly, which should help keep them in place.

Also, both sets appear to be a little bit off kilter, but it's hard to say exactly how, or if there's anything I could do about it now anyway. All depends on which direction I look at them from...weird.


And a shot of all my pretty ALU body details:

Photobucket

Now I just need Mr Shaw to make the power couplers, octagon ports and coin slots. Coin returns are ordered from WoMo already, and on the way sometimes...

No comments: