Sunday, May 10, 2009

Also...

I've also received WoMo's Side Vents and Pocket Vents, to go with my WaterSet front vent kit (which I have yet to assemble).

Photobucket

The WoMo stuff needs to be painted, might get to that this week.

I grabbed a couple of larger batteries from work to play with as well. These are 18AH instead of the 7.2AH that I've been using previously.

Photobucket

Here's a shot of the "slightly cleaned up" inside wiring:
Photobucket

I was easy to clean up because I split the motor power from the voice power, using a 2nd RIGRunner that will also power the dome lights and a second battery.

Photobucket

This will let me kill the drives but keep the lights and voice running. I still need to get some switches to play with, since unplugging the power cables won't always be practical.

And, got the dome ring attached to the HDPE ring, which took a little longer than I thought it would, since I messed up the first time around and had to give it 1/8 turn and start over, because the holes didn't line up.

Photobucket

The first time around I relied on clamps, which apparently shifted after each hole. Second time around I used the tried and true "drill one hole then put the screw in it. Now drill the second hole, and put the screw in it, and so on" method. Should have done that from the start...

Well, that's all for now. Still got a lot to do...

No comments: