Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where to begin?

Wow....lots of pictures, must mean interesting stuff!

First, finally got my door closer setup done. I'd seen R7Dude say something about making stuff from the leftover shapes from the A&A kit so I got creative, and made myself a couple of widgets:

this one is the spacer so that the closer will be level with the door, and not the bottom of the top frame ring, which is about 1" higher.
Photobucket

This pic shows where it is located in the frame, which is upside down.


Here's the type of closer I chose to use, it's just like the ones on an entertainment center's doors. Bottom one:




The second widget, which I whittled out of another piece of scrap. Much harder than it sounds, but still easier than getting the belt sander out of the closet, trying to hold on to a little piece like that, then cleaning up that nasty black dust:


and a shot from below of the top closure:


Next up, some of you may have seen my post looking for alu ankle bracelets. I decided it wouldn't hurt to reglue them a 4th time, this time with a scab across the break on the bottom:


and a top shot...CA messes up paint, especially silver...


Next up, I added the screws to the booster covers, so that they can be mounted on the legs. Had a little trouble with one not wanting to slide down far enough, so I just deepened the keyholes a little, and it worked out pretty well:

**Notice the hole I drilled all the way through the booster cover that's lower in the picture...the little white spot in the lower groove...it's already filled with wood filler (thank god for that stuff) and primed again**

another angle:


And the bottom half of the leg actuators is now mounted to the ankle bracelets:


And I think I'll stop here, since the rest deserves it's own post :)

No comments: