Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let's try again, or "Paint and Tragedy"

Ok, since I let the last post go all day, I'll just start fresh.

There's good stuff and bad stuff in this post...let's start with the good stuff.

How about some primer on the center ankle? Not really sure how it kept getting forgotten...
Photobucket

And how about some white on the center ankle?
Photobucket

and now, ladies and gentlemen...oh who am I kidding...fellas, I present to you, my first attempt at Krider Blue!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok, I know these are some pretty crappy pictures. the flat surfaces don't photograph well at all when the paint is wet.

These pictures on the other hand, are worth $1 MEELION DOLLARS!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't remember if that's after the last coat of metallic blue, or after the first coat of anodized blue. I'm leaning towards the anodized, but does it REALLY matter?

That 2nd picture is so pretty I can't help but wonder, if the metallic blue looks that good, how AWESOME must the metallic purple be? Shame I won't know, since purple isn't available locally, or now like the blue is.

That's painters tape on the ends of the cylinders, as I'm sure you knew. Maybe tomorrow I'll get brave and untape them. Going to have to run an exacto along the edge of the tape so the paint doesn't come off with it...that would be a nightmare i think.

Anyway, now on to the tragedy :/

In addition to painting the cylinders yesterday, I was also painting the center footshell white, since it was remembered about the same time as the center ankle. They kinda go together, and since everything else about it was getting done, figured why not.

So anyway, you've probably seen my helmet painting stand. It's the cheap little wooden stand that I had my horseshoes on when painting. I had the footshell on top of the stand, just like I'd done when I primered it, so that I could spray up at the skirt and get it covered. I was all excited about how pretty the blue was turning out on the cylinders, and forgot where the helmet stand was, and backed into it. That was the real problem...here's the results of that forgetfulness...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not very pretty...but the structural damage is already repaired. There's more CA glue puddled in the backsides of those seams now than there was in my small bottle when it was full. If that doesn't make sense, I use a 2oz bottle to work with, and refill it from an 8 oz bottle.
Photobucket

That's all for now. I feel bad for taking a nap today and not getting anything done...and Saturday is "Coast Con" over in MS, which I agreed to go to before I realized there was only going to be one or two people I know there. Dunno if I'm taking armor or not...probably ought to take my TK and field test it, since it's been almost a year since I put it on.

Next time!

No comments: