Friday, March 20, 2009

The same blue, and more blue, and some primer too

More paint today...
Photobucket
Don't know why I hadn't gotten around to those, and I'm not looking forward to masking the blue when i get to that part.

Masked the ankle details and painted them:
Photobucket

And removed the tape once the paint got tacky, per MikeSenna's suggestion.
Photobucket

They were much more difficult to do than the cylinders, so naturally they didn't come out as good. They will need a little cleaning up before I figure out how to attach them.

Also removed the tape from the ankle cylinders, after running an Exacto around the edges of the tape, so it wouldn't peel:
Photobucket

And a better picture:
Photobucket
Purty, Ain't they?


While painting blue, something weird started happening...
Photobucket
Not sure why it started making a mess, but it didn't hinder me, you can see the drips in some of the next pictures, which are the whole reason for today's post.

All this other stuff is just extra...


Here's the REAL stuff!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even raw cardboard looks good with krider blue on it....

I guess in a few days once that paint cures I'll have pics of the completely assembled leg...I can't wait until its' cured enough to handle.

I'm supposed to go to "CoastCon" in Biloxi/Gulfport, at the Coast Coliseum, but it's an expensive ticket for a little bitty gaming con. There's no SW guests this year. The only bright side would be meeting some troopers I don't know from Bast Alpha Garrison.
I'll decide in the morning whether to go to the con or stay home and work on Artoo...

No comments: