Monday, April 21, 2014

Waiting on Amazon

So apparently , if you order from Amazon using Prime on a Thursday, and get the free 2nd day shipping option, and then try to have your delivery sent to a business that's closed on Saturday, you won't get your stuff until Tuesday :(

No worries though, some things came in today, and other things will be coming in almost every day for the rest of the week.

While I'm waiting, I decided to work on the ears some.

I started out with a 3"x2" oval created in Paint.  Printed it out, cut it out and hot glued it to my metal mesh desktop organizer thing.

 photo DSC02285.jpg

 photo DSC02286.jpg

Then I cut them out using my dremel with a cutting wheel.

 photo DSC02287.jpg

Only thing is...I didn't actually measure the paper templates after printing them, so instead of a 3"x2" oval, I wound up with something about 2 5/8" x 1 3/4".

So, back to the drawing board, or actually Paint.  This time I made the oval 3.5" x 2.5", and when printed, it came out about 3.25"x 2.25".  This looks much better when compared to the first ones:

 photo DSC02289.jpg

Only thing is, this time the hot glue is being a pain to remove.

Oh, and I added some reinforcements to the inner top half of the control panel:

 photo DSC02288.jpg

That's all for today...

No comments: