Thursday, April 24, 2014

Eye pics and TRAGEDY!!

Well, here's a couple of pics of starting to assemble the eyes. As I noted on The K9 Builders club forums, the A&A kit comes with both the 4 slat and the 5 slat eye patterns.

Here's a pic of setting up the eye pieces:


 photo DSC02292.jpg

I haven't decided which of the two types I want to use. I had planned on building them both, then choosing at a later date, but last night (luckily before I finished them) I realized that if I build both sets, I won't have any red material left for the control panel. That's OK, I haven't done anything that can't be undone yet.

Now, for the tragedy...late last night I came around the corner into my computer room where I'm building K9, and I kicked the $%^& out of K9's body. It wasn't where it belonged, it was sitting on the floor by the wall, because I needed the table space to work on other parts.

Everywhere you see blue tape is a seam I had to reglue.

 photo DSC02293.jpg

 photo DSC02294.jpg

 photo DSC02295.jpg

 photo DSC02296.jpg

I've still got to reglue the side panel, hopefully I'll be able to get that done tonight.

I was already planning to reinforce most of the inside of the seams this weekend somehow, now I see that it's going to be a necessity. I'm thinking fiberglass resin and tape. Hopefully there'll be some nice pics of that before the weekend is over...

No comments: