Saturday, September 10, 2011

DragonCon '11

Had a good time at DCon this year. Drove up on Thursday, and got my 4th floor room at the Hilton. No sooner did I get R2 out of the car and into the elevator I heard "Oh look, another one". TKBear was in the lobby with an R2, so I was able to get my R2 to the lobby fairly quickly.

At DragonCon there were at least 8 droids. My R2-D2, TKBear's R2-D2, Doug Dixon's R2-D2, Chris "UuberGeek"'s R2-D2, Chris Lee's R2-D2, Blake Mann's R2-X2, Ted Koenig's R5-X2, and "DarthEddeus"'s Goldie. Oh, and Thomas Arroyo's Mouse Droid, an unknown 501st member's Scrubber Droid, and Doug Dixon brought K9.

The most fun I had was when I converted my R2 in the Family Guys Cleveland R2. People kept calling him Afro-D2, until I'd play a sound byte, then they almost all knew who he was.

Naturally, I didn't have my camera. In fact, never took it out of the bag, so I don't have any pics to post.

There are a few over in the DragonCon thread at Astromech.net, -->Click Here<-- and scroll halfway down to see them.

Next up: Weird Al concert, RMH plane pull, and sometime in there JAG feet.

1 comment:

Edward WinterRose said...

Hi! I'm trying to get in touch with Doug Dixon to see if he'd let us hire his k-9 from DragonCon on Friday the 31st of August to be our ring bearer at The Strand Theater in Marietta GA. We'd have him back to the con in plenty of time. You can reach me on Facebook. Just search Edward Gore on Facebook. I'll be the one with a southparked avatar of myself in a top hat.