Thursday, October 21, 2010

Damage Report

So, if you've been following, you know about the RMH thing in the previous post. That's what I'm working on. Title sounds a little "Trekkie" doesn't it?

On a side note, my photobucket is just about full. I've had a second one for a while, but now R2 pics will have to go into it...

Anyway...I think I'll show the damage in detail in this post, then how I fixed it and what it looks like after repairs in the next post. Just to break it up some and keep it from having 50 pics

So, here's what we started with:
Photobucket

Here's R2 up on the stand, coming apart:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's some closeups after removing the panel, to show how the skins were separated:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's the outer skin pre-repair:

Photobucket

And what it looked like up against a "straight edge"...actually one of the leftover panels from the skins that has the correct curvature to it:

Photobucket

For some reason I only took one pic of the inner skin's damage:

Photobucket

And here's a couple of shots attempting (poorly) to show the damage to the frame:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and there's this problem too:

Photobucket

The center vents were hot glued in place, and all the traveling R2 has done lately has involved some waiting in the car. Heat in the car's not good for hot glue FYI...

So that's what we're working with...

See the next post for how I fixed it and what it's looking like now.

No comments: