Saturday, October 9, 2010

10-9-10, RMH Fire Truck Pull, Pensacola

So, against my better judgement, I took R2 over to Pensacola for the Ronald McDonald House Fire Truck Pull.

Right from the start, R2 was having problems just in the parking lot, running into the littlest bits of gravel, trying to tip over, grinding to a halt, and that was all within the first 10'. I took it slow and managed to stay fairly stationary for most of the rest of the troop. Can you tell I'm 501st by the way I call it a troop and not an "event" or an "appearance"? Lol...anyway, here's some pics.

The required group pic, with the fire truck in the background:

Photobucket

Trying to keep R2 in the shade...lemme tell you, his dome gets HOT in the sunshine:
Photobucket

Finally more shade:
Photobucket

Random team getting ready to pull:
Photobucket

An arrest is made:
Photobucket

And, finally, the things I've come to expect, the "damage shots"...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Imagine that...the center foot is busted AGAIN...man I can't wait to get my JAG steel feet...
And as for the body dent, no one is really sure what happened. R2 went runaway downhill about a dozen feet and slammed into the gate next to where I was standing. I can't say for sure, but I most likely bumped the stick while trying to take a picture. That or a strong breeze got him started. He hit hard enough that it stood him up and changed the angle of his legs, actually damaging his styrene battery boxes. I tried taking pics of that damage, but you can't see it. Good thing I'm on the list for Ethan's ALU battery boxes too...

Oh well, that's part of it I guess. I could keep him pristine by keeping him in the house, but what's the fun in that?

The rest of the pics are here:
CLICK ME!

No comments: