Saturday, October 11, 2008

the box arrived

So today I got a call from the shipping department at work..."you have 2 boxes back here, they were just delivered."

My A&A kit showed up. the first box was the large pieces, the 2nd was pretty much 2 pieces of cardboard taped together with the skins inside. Wish I hadn't looked in that one...looks like quite a project and I haven't found a handbook or tutorial for that yet...but we'll get to that stuff when we get to it.

I stopped by Lowe's and bought a "Tuff Box". Basically just a slightly oversized tote box. it's 26" long, so all the parts fit in it. Can't work out of the cardboard box ya know...and it'll come in handy for something once R2 isn't in there.

I also spent the last half of the work day printing out the Frame Assembly guide which is one nice document and the Leg Assembly Guide, which is 18 separate pages. Took so long because at work I run on dial-up, since I'm not important enough to get through the firewall :/

Anyway, it's started....maybe tomorrow I'll take some pics while I think about getting started :)

No comments: