Friday, October 28, 2011

Primer for JAG feet

So, I looked up in the 'paint closet' to see what I had on hand as far as primer goes, and found 4 cans. One was empty, or close enough, and it was some no name brand I bought back when I was spraying my first E-11. There was also a can of store brand (don't know what store) grey primer that's been set aside as well.

The last 2 cans were Rustoleums, which is a good thing, because other than blue, it's all I use :)

There was a can of 'dark grey' primer, which is actually more like black, and the more common light grey, which we're all used to. Note the bargain sized can... :)

Photobucket

Decided to try the dark on the insides of the feet, here's how that turned out:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a little difficult to ensure that ALL surfaces have adequate coverage, so some other surfaces may have runs, but hey, it's inside :)
Plus, I seem to recall it's harder to cover the dark primer with white...

Anyway, while that dries, I'm gonna head to the store to pick up some more cans, since I'm pretty sure I'm out of white, and that light grey is probably at least half empty. Or half full. Whatever :)

Before heading out, I remembered I needed to primer the steel detail pieces too, and wanted them done when I got back:

Photobucket

***Back from Lowe's. Bought 6 cans, 2 light grey, 1 dark grey, 2 white and 1 clear.
Don't worry, not using the clear on anything white.



Anyway, more paint pics.

Now that the dark grey inside is dry enough to be handled, I started primering the bottom outside:

Photobucket

I used the cardboard trying to keep as much overspray out of the inside as possible. Let that dry some, then flipped it over, onto a brick with some more of that old T-shirt over it for a stand:

Photobucket

That pretty much did it for the old can of light grey.

After the center foot, I swapped to a new can, which is important, because as you can see in previous photos, I've been using that trigger handle. It doesn't fit the new tops, so I've been using old ones. Turns out, the new tops are pretty nice...

Here's before and after on the bottoms of the outer feet:

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: