Saturday, July 3, 2010

Upgrades and such

So, now that I've posted event pics, time to talk about the things I'm working on.

The phono plug slip ring never REALLY worked well. No matter what I tried, eventually the male side of the plug would wind up binding in the female half, which would twist the wires inside the male half of the plug until they shorted. I had small fuses on either side of the slip ring to protect the JEDI display components, but it was really annoying to replace the fuses every time it shorted, and to worry about not being able to replace the display components.

I took pics of the things I tried, but since they didn't work, there's no point posting them really.

What I'm going to do is remove the slip ring and place a new 12V 5ah battery on the JAG plate that's on my rockler. I'll use this battery to power the display systems in the dome, leaving the voice and the dome motor connected as they currently are.

In the next day or two I'll actually get this done and will try to remember to post a pic or two.

No comments: