Monday, December 1, 2008

Update

Ok, no pics this time.

Now that I know someone's reading this,

Big shout out to Greedo who makes the best clone carbine you can get your hands on (if you're lucky) :)

The legs are done being skinned with sintra, but there was a mishap...one of the legs fell and the "ankle bracelet" broke. Will have to stupid glue that back on.

Also noticed a slightly bigger problem, but not one that normal folks will see. My horseshoes are identical. Meaning when sitting side by side they look the same and are not mirror images. Means I'll have buttons front on one side, and hydro front on the other. John Q will never notice, and possibly only people who read this will know to look :)

Anyway, got that big box o' parts ordered from Keith at resinparts.com (link in the previous post) and had an email today that it shipped! That kind of motivated me to find something to do.

2 weeks ago I ordered an 8oz bottle of CA glue from the local HobbyTown USA. When I picked it up Black Friday, you'd have thought I was a celebrity or something, because everyone working there wanted to see who ordered it and what I was working on to need that much glue.

Basically, I refuse to use Bondo ever again, and am using CA glue and accelerant as a filler, and then sanding that down. It's working really well so far, except that I didn't anticipate the mess I made sanding, and I'm fairly sure my computers are all now white inside.

Anyway, took about 3 hours (I guess) to do the middle foot tonight. It still needs about 2 minutes of sanding on the top of the foot, just plain didn't get to it tonight, because HEROES, the best show ever, was on. Had to stop sanding so I could watch :D

Also had to buy new accelerant, since the last 2 bottles were empty, and this kind isn't as fast as the last 2, although it could be the cold weather making it take a little longer to "kick".

Well, as soon as I feel I need pics, I'll post 'em.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments: