Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The "ISSUE"...

I almost forgot.  I mentioned "There IS a little issue, well actually a huge issue, but I don't have any pics, so I'll just have to leave you hanging whilst I figure out exactly what to do about it."

So here's a couple of pictures of the problem...



The U-channel is apparently thicker than what the plans call for.  The antenna mast doesn't fit inside of it. 

Right now the plan is to mount the antenna exactly like it shows in the picture. 

In order for the antenna to come out of the head where it's supposed to, I'm going to have to change the angle at which the head mounts to the neck, but I think I'd have done that anyway.

We'll see how it plays out I guess.  The beauty here is that I don't think anything I do can ruin a part that can't be remade in a few minutes.


No comments: